Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Lillian's 1st B'day!

Happy Birthday to Lillian! :)

Our sweet lil girl turned one this weekend!  I swear this has been the fastest year of my life!  I can't believe how fast it went.  You always hear people say that after they have kids, but man.. What the freak happens with time when you have a kid? haha i loved the first year though! I wish all the family spread over the miles could have been here to celebrate her first year with us.  Lillian loved every minute of it!  Mrs. Thang just loooovess attention, and she was the center of it and soaked up every last bit!  You could really tell she loved having everyone there.  She really did have such a great time!  It was written all over her face.  She didn't want anyone to leave! We all just hung out, ate, and Lillian opened her gifts.  Which she did such a good job! We took pictures and videos for y'all to enjoy so it was as if you were here!  I hope you enjoy!

I themed her party after Autumn and of course 1 year old Lillian.  The food was after her favorite foods this year.  Peaches and Corn!  I did peach cake and corn chowder!  And if you know me and read my earlier post of Lake Blanch you know how happy Fall makes me!  I took my sweet moms advice and made her party just like I wanted.  I was talking to my mom one day about what I should do for her party and she said "Keri this is the only time in her life you are going to be able to throw her a party that she doesn't tell you exactly what SHE wants.  Enjoy it and do whatever you wanna do for her!" So I listened well...

Now I'll be honest with y'all... I have become one of those Moms who gets WAY excited and goes crazy with all the small details of decorations and stuff.  I told Scott NOT to tell anyone how much time I spent on thinking about what I wanted to do and my late night craft nights.  I didn't want people to know how crazy I was.  Then the party came and he couldn't hide it (tisk tisk), so he told everyone of my todo lists and bla bla bla.   haha I guess I could blame it on the day job, but really.... I LOVE planning parties! Maybe that's why I love my job so much!  So if you think I'm crazy and spend too much time, your probably right, and I DON'T CARE! :) I had SOOO much fun planning and creating!  I'm really sad it's all over and I don't have anything to think about anymore.  I wish I had money so I could throw a party every month just because I can!  haha That would be the life!  Maybe one day!  Until then.. enjoy Sweet Lillian's 1st Birthday Party!  We did and I hope we captured enough so you can too!  We love y'all!

Lillian opening her Gifts!



Lillian Digging in her cake and spreading it all over her Dad's face, after she did it she went in and gave him kiss! ;)




Some pictures from the night.  Scott and I decided not to take any.  We just wanted to enjoy everything! So thanks family for capturing everything for us! :) I'm still waiting for some.  So I should be adding more later! :)


Getting in on the appetizer action!

Sneaking over to her gifts!
Everyone helping her open her gifts to play!




Smearing cake all over Dad's face!

She loved everything!



Here's some of the decor I had fun making! haha























No comments:

Post a Comment