Thursday, October 25, 2012

Invite Tutorial

I wanted to share craft ideas and some of the party decorations with y'all! I hope this gives you some good ideas for your future parties you throw!
If you're like me and LOVE free printables just comment and I can email them to you! I can even customize the colors and names.  I am not sure how to do printables that I can attach, but if you want me to send you mine I keep all the designs I make on my computer so if you want me to send them to you I can! Or if you know how to upload them to a blog for someone to print, let me know how and I will! :)

The Invite!
I LOVE making invitations.  If I am on a party committee I always opt to make the invitations!  The hard part is always in the design, not the actual assembly.  This one took me a few days, but once I figured out what I wanted to do it came together real fast.  Another plus is that I used everything from my scrapbook scraps!  I didn't have to buy anything!  So for someone on a budget this was nice.  Plus I only had to make 5 so that helped too! :)

What you will Need:
Cardstock, ribbon, tissue paper, brads, EZ Runner adhesives, Scissors, and paper to print your invite on. 
Optional: Hole Punch, Round Edge punch, 1"Round Punch, hot glue gun/hot glue, 


Assembly:
* Type up what you want your invite to say and what font you want to use! I am a big font lover so fonts are always the hardest to choose for me! If you like this font you can download it from this website. WISH I WERE TALLER FONT (CLICK HERE) 

* After you type up what you want it to say print it off of course on what kind of paper you would like.  I used an ivory white linen paper. 
* Take a piece of card stock and round the edges.  I have one of those round edge punchers so that made it fast and easy.  You can get them from any scrapbook/ craft store for about $5.00 I think.
*  To make the banner all you do is cut out triangles in your choice of color (depending upon your theme). I used 4 different colors.  I cut a few and placed them on my ribbon to see which one I liked the best.  After I chose the one I liked I traced it on all of my colors and cut them out.  They do not have to be all the same size or perfect in cut though.  Mine were not perfect either, and I liked that.
* After your triangles are cut it's time to glue them on to your ribbon.  I used 1/8" ribbon.  Now you can use glue or tape, but I really suggest buying E-Z runner scrapbook adhesives   Again you can get them from any craft store.  The reason these are essential here is because as you can see on the picture the tape is pre-cut and comes off on tiny strips so you just need 1 strip thick!  This makes attaching the triangles on the ribbon faster and ALOT cleaner!  I applied 2 strips along the top of each triangle and it was perfect.  Then you just stick it to the ribbon!
* After all of your triangles are secured, punch holes at the top corners of your card stock.  Slide the ribbon through and either tie a bow or tape on the back.  (if you do not want to attach a back like I did then I would suggest a bow.  If you are attaching a back you can just tape because it will be hidden!
* Now to make the tissue pom poms.  Pick out the color of tissue paper of your choice.  Stack or fold 4 pieces of tissue thick.  Take your hole punch and punch out the circles.  If you do not have one, you can always just trace the circles you want and cut it out.  The hole punch just makes it faster.  If the tissue gets stuck then just trim it up with scissors.
* Make a hole in the middle of the pom pom.  I took a pin and just punch a hole then I took my brad and pushed it through!
* Decide where you want your pom poms to go on your paper and make a hole.  Push your brad through and secure it to the back.  "Fluff" and wrinkle the tissue paper once it is secured to give it texture and height.
* If you are going to have a back to your invite then grab your card stock of choice and trace the invite and cut to fit. 
* I secured my back with hot glue.  I just put 4 large blobs on the corners and pushed to secure.  I found it easier to line up if I secured the top 2 corners then I secured the bottom 2. 

And your done! :)

Here is a picture of the EZ runner Tape so you know what it looks like. 








I will post the other crafts of here soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment