Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Lemon Avocado Pasta & Caramel Apples

Hello Hello!

I have another recipe for you and some awesome pictures of Mrs Thang below!

Last night both Scott and I were starving and wanted something quick.  I had planned to roast root vegetables, but I didn't want to eat in an hour, I needed to eat NOW!  So I looked at what I had in the kitchen and made up a QUICK -1 POT recipe that I think you will love!



Lemon Avocado Tomato Pasta (1 pot meal!)

Now it taste better than it looks.  I would rather eat my food hot then take 10 minutes to take a perfect picture for y'all, so just take my word for it! haha :)
  
* Coarse salt and ground pepper
* 8 ounces of any kind of pasta  I love fettuccini or any kind of short pasta with this recipe
* 2 large tomatoes (or any tomatoes you would like – about 2 ½ cups)
* 4 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
* 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
* ½ cup grated Parmesan
* 3-4 Tablespoons of Dried basil (believe it or not but dried basil is better here!)
* 1 Large Avocado
* ¼ cup torn fresh basil leaves (optional)
** Not a Vegetarian?? Add some Grilled Lemon Peppered Chicken and I bet it would be delish! :)

Directions
1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta ( as your pasta directions say ) less than al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water; drain pasta mixture, and return to pot.
2. Add tomatoes, butter, lemon juice, 1/4 cup Parmesan, dried basil, and 1/4 cup pasta water to pasta in the pot. Season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine.  If needed, add enough pasta water to create a thin sauce that coats pasta.
3. Plate pasta and top with avocado and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan (and fresh basil if you would like); serve immediately.

Now it taste better than it looks.  I would rather eat my food hot then take 30 minutes to take a perfect picture for y'all, so just take my word for it!  I just took the picture with my iphone before I had to eat it! :)


DESSERT:
So after we had dinner I decided to finish my caramel apples I had started on yesterday.  Have y'all ever been to Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory?  They have THE BEST caramel apples! If I see you around your birthday then I am sure you have had one, because that is probably what I got you! :) 
What your not a big fan of caramel apples?? Well thats probably because you don't know how to eat them correctly!  I don't know if they came up with the idea or someone else, but they are the only people I have encountered to CUTS their apples when you buy them! (they ask of course) This is the cut! 

Wanna eat one now?! Oh yea!  Well anyways... Walmart had TONS of apples and caramel in direct eye view so can't pass them up right?  Well atleast I couldn't!  So Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory came in my mind and I ran back to the baking section and grabbed some White chocolate as well! Oooo yea! :)  Its called the Apple Pie Caramel Apple, and let me tell ya! It tastes JUST like a Apple Pie.. sooo dang good! For your Mississippians ask Shannon and Mckenzie! We had one in SLC when she came to visit for Thanksgiving!  They will testify it is the BEST ever!  Down side??  They are like $6.00 each! Worth every penny?! YES!!! .................UNTIL I realized I can make 5 for the price of 1! I think I am in trouble! 

Soo the fun part about the caramel apple night is that Mrs.Thang was of course all up in the action.  We had left over chocolate so we decided to start dipping everything we had in the kitchen, pretzels, bananas, marshmellas, you name it!  :) haha  (health night huh?)  Well Scott was feeding Lillian chocolate as well so I had to have a photo shoot right??  

And I am so glad I did... ENJOY!


Any ideas on her thoughts here?










No comments:

Post a Comment